LUCENA CITY –– At least 80 more coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases were recorded in Cavite province Monday, March 15 amid the continued surge in the number of validated virus carriers.
In a 2 p.m. report by the Provincial Health Office (PHO), the total COVID-19 tally jumped to 22,266 cases since March last year.ADVERTISEMENT
On March 7, the total number of cases was only 21,129, indicating an increase of 1,137 new virus carriers during the past week.
At least 14 of the patients died during the same period. Health authorities logged a total of 19,657 recoveries.
The province still has 2,033 active virus carriers as of March 15. There were only 1,281 on March 7.
Meanwhile, the Cavite police reported that at least 614 persons were accosted in different parts of the province for violating health and safety protocols against COVID-19.
Colonel Marlon Santos, Cavite police chief, said in a report posted on Facebook by the police public information office on March 15, said the violators were caught not wearing a face mask or ignoring the curfew hours in their respective localities.
On March 13 and 14, the police also held 483 COVID-19 protocol violators in Cavite amid the surge of new virus carriers in the province.
The violators paid fines, did community service, and rendered other punishments imposed by concerned local governments.